Summary: This blog describe How to Access Shared Mailbox in Outlook or Office 365. we proposed two methods to access shared mailboxes in an easier manner.
A shared mailbox allows a group to send emails under a single alias. Outlook can open and use shared mailboxes. Once access has been delegated, a shared mailbox should appear in the navigation panel. The outlook may take a while to open the mailbox. Close Outlook and then re-open it in a few moments.
If the shared mailbox does not appear, you can manually open it. Outlook offers two methods to open a shared mailbox manually:
- You can view the shared mailbox by opening a shared mailbox using Export. Outlook will default to the main account when sending mail from the shared mailbox. All items deleted and sent will be found in the appropriate folders of your main account.
- Outlook allows you to open a shared mailbox by adding an email account to Outlook. This is different from the Open & export method. When sending mail from the shared mailbox, Outlook defaults to the shared mailbox. You will see the deleted and sent items folders in the shared mailbox.
This guide demonstrates how to manually open a shared Outlook mailbox using either one of these methods.
Before you start
These instructions apply to Outlook Desktop. You can also use Outlook on the Web if you prefer to use Outlook Desktop.
Open and Export Method
- Start Outlook Desktop
- Select In the ribbon. The Outlook menu options will open. (See the figure below.
- Click on Open & Export > Another User’s File. The Open Other User’s Folder Wizard will appear. (See the figure below. )
- Click name. Open the Address Book/Select Name Window. (See the figure below. )
- Look for the desired shared mailbox to be opened. That is an example of a shared mailbox called CiraShared.
- Click on the name of the shared mailbox.
- Click OK. Return to Open Other User’s Folder Wizard.
- Click OK.
- NOTE: After following these instructions, your shared mailbox might not appear immediately. Close Outlook and relaunch it in a few seconds.
By adding an email account, you can open a shared mailbox.
- Start Outlook Desktop
- Select In the ribbon. The Outlook menu options will open. (See Figure below.) )
- Click Account Settings > Account Setting. The Account Settings Window will open. (See the figure below. )
- Click on the email associated with the shared mailbox you want.
- Click Edit. To open the Microsoft Exchange Settings Window, select the mailbox. (See the figure below. )
- Select Advanced > Add. The Add Mailbox Window opens. (See the figure below. )
- Enter the email address for the shared mailbox you want.
- Click OK. The Microsoft Exchange Settings Window will open.
- Click Apply > OK.
- Click Next > Finish. The Account Settings Window will open.
- Click Close.
- NOTE: After following these instructions, your shared mailbox might not appear immediately. Close Outlook and open it again in a few seconds.